OBS will collect personal data from its clients and website users to facilitate its administration. OBS are commited to maintaining the trust of its clients and their representatives. OBS will comply with the regulations set by the UK Information Commissioner and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy applies to any members or users of OBSs services. This includes use of websites, forums or online development platforms.
OBS is the data controller for any participants or users data:
UK Head Office
470 Bath Road
Bristol BS4 3AP
Information that you provide
This includes information that you submitted:
- When becoming a client you are requested to supply Contact names, address of company, E-mail and telephone number data.
Information created when you use OBS services
- Location Information – Depending on which service you use, OBS may collect precise location information as determined through data such as your IP.
- Device Information – We collect information about the devices used to access our services. This includes the hardware models, operating system/versions, preferred languages and unique device identifiers.
- Log Information – When members or participants use our services our servers collect server logs. This includes IP address, access dates and times, or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity such as type of browser.
How OBS use the collected information
We use the information we collect to enable us to provide reliable and convenient services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Providing services – OBS uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintains and improve our services including our bug-tracking software. OBS also keep data in a customer relationship management database.
- Research and development – We use the information that you have given us for project development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and services.
- Communications from OBS – Members may be contacted when needed in connection with billing, and information about the services OBS supply.
- OBS will never sell or share any personal data with a third party for a purpose not in connection with the administration of OBS unless OBS is under a legal duty to do so.
Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users.
- Remember user preferences.
Information sharing, disclosure and security
- OBS will not share your information with any third-parties for marketing purposes.
- Client Data will be kept secure in a password protected system.
- OBS staff will be contractually bound to keep member data secure.
Information accuracy, retention and deletion
- OBS retains member information while their membership agreement is active. After this the information deleted from all systems.
- It is the clients responsibility to inform OBS of any change of contact details. Failure to do so may result in a client not being able to fully exercise their rights. OBS will not be held liable for any loss of rights due to failure of a OBS to keep their details up to date.